Friday, July 2, 2010

Some Recent Pictures

I used to wear these shoes.



But now I have to wear these....



Why? Because of this: (Warning to the squeamish)




This is my knee one week after my MPFL reconstructive surgery. Isn't it beautiful? It actually doesn't hurt that much, and believe it or not, the scars will probably not look as bad as the one on my left knee pictured above. That scar was acquired when I was just 17 years old. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of a zipper on that one. That would crack me up. Next Wednesday, I get the sutures removed, but I have to wear the huge brace for at least five more weeks. Oh, you wanna see that? Here it is:

Doesn't it look so comfortable??

Luckily, I have these to keep me company and make me laugh:






































3 comments:

Churlita said...

Oh, that looks uncomfortable. I hope it heals quickly. Your kitties are adorable, though...

Junkgirl said...

Thanks, Churlita! It is so uncomfortable! I've read a lot and watched some really bad TV, though, to take my mind off of it.

SarahJayneZooLayne said...

Hi I'm Sarah Jayne. I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this blog. I'm waiting for the summer holidays here in England so I can have my MPFL surgery and for it to not clash with my exams. It has been within this past week I finally decided I wanted the surgery. I'm a total hypochondriac and had been trying to find info on the surgery when I found your blog and I have read all of your blogs over and over. They've reassured me SOOO much and I am so grateful you took the time to write about your surgery. Hope everything is well with you and again thank you for giving me the confidence to say yes to the surgery :)